CANAL BARGE COMPANY, INC./ILLINOIS MARINE TOWING
CANAL BARGE NORTH – TERMINAL
I. BASIC FUNCTION
Support day-to-day operations of the laboratory to fulfill analytical testing requirements consistent with quality protocols, assist other senior staff
1. Conduct testing to meet quality and workload requirements.
2. Comply with CTC HSSE policies and procedures
3. Collect samples from tanks, railcars, tank trucks, environmental samples and other as needed. Decant or dispose of expired samples.
4. Perform administrative duties including sample logging, data entry, filing, housekeeping
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
The Chemist Assistant reports to the Laboratory Manager.
1. Intern or college student pursuing a degree in the Sciences with course work such as analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, instrumental analysis.
2. Must be a team player
3. Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal
4. Must be a quick learner and attentive to details
5. Must be able to follow directions and carry out assigned tasks
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Standing for long periods of time, carrying and transferring products. Individual will work outdoors in potentially inclement weather and at places with unusual terrain.
2. Must be able to lift between 10-50 pounds
All applicants must be able to work roughly 20 hours a week and be within driving distance to the Channahon, IL area. Canal Analytical & Environmental Services is flexible on hours and days per school schedules. To qualify you must be enrolled in an undergraduate program for the duration of the position.
We are Canal Analytical & Environmental Services, the Laboratory Services Division of Canal Barge Company. We offer analytical testing for the petrochemical, petroleum, marine, biofuels, and agricultural industries in the Chicagoland area. Opportunity is knocking for you as we continue to grow our staff with dependable & driven people who are anxious to get involved and feel a sense of purpose with their work.