I. BASIC FUNCTION
Provide logistics, dispatch and administrative support to Canal Terminal Company’s Channahon office, specifically supporting the Logistics Supervisor and Terminal Superintendent. Integrated within the business unit, the Terminal Operations Coordinator also adheres and supports Canal Barge Company’s business philosophy and mission statement while striving for continuous improvement of personal and company goals.
II. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Logistics and Customer Service – Manage traffic flow into and out of Terminal
2. Permitting and Documentation Management – Help ensure the security of the Terminal and appropriate product management.
3. Administrative – Ensure documentation is complete for all inbound and outbound traffic.
4. Operations Support- Cross functional understanding of safety standards for the terminal as well as associated risks with handling hazardous liquids
III. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Logistics and Customer Service
1. Communicate with customers and vendors to ensure the smooth flow of approved traffic into and out of the Terminal, as needed.
2. Communicate with CTC Operators to ensure proper, timely, and accurate transfer of product, as needed.
3. Coordinate sales commitments and operations to achieve the greatest efficiency and profit. Understand commitments to and requirements of customers and fulfill them.
4. Ensure that customer relations are maintained. Report deficiencies to the Logistics Supervisor, Terminal Manager, and/or Vice President of Terminal Operations as soon as possible.
5. Track Operational scorecard of performance metrics.
6. Flexibility to cover dispatch on a rotational basis or as needed.
B. Permitting and Documentation Management
1. Enforce the appropriate security requirements for everyone entering the Terminal facility.
2. Assist in coordinating the development, retention, and use of all required manuals and documentation for the Terminal.
3. Assist as needed in orientation and/or training activities.
1. Track and reconcile cargo receipts, documentation, and inventory to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers and payment for services.
2. Provide general clerical support for the Terminal.
3. Assist in or manage special projects as assigned.
4. Ensure compliance of entry and delivery of CTC Contractors / Project Materials in consultation with Logistics Supervisor and/or Terminal Manager.
5. Maintain all Driver records and files.
6. Interact and comply to all customer SAP and informational system requirements.
7. Ensure that Terminal meets all performance standards and metrics.
1. Perform other duties as required and directed by management.
2. Managing PPE, scheduling Boot truck and Cintas uniforms
3. Work with the Onbase accounting system as directed
4. Carry out and the Business Philosophy, Code of Conduct, and Mission of Illinois Marine Towing and Canal Barge Company, Inc.
IV. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
The Terminal Operations Coordinator reports to the Logistics Supervisor.
V. EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
1. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
2. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a logistics, customer service and inventory control in a terminal environment preferred.
3. Proficient in P.C. functions, word processing, spreadsheet and graphics, preferably, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
4. Understand basic accounting principles as it related to logistics and stock accounting
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills
6. Must have strong customer service skills
Our compensation package includes, outside of the competitive wage, full insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision & life, disability): 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, and paid time off. Please visit us at www.canalbarge.com for more information about our company.