I. BASIC FUNCTION
Provide strong support and assistance to the Vice President of Human Resources and the Human Resources Department.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Closely work with the Vice President-HR on scheduling, department goals and objectives, and project support.
2. Vessel Personnel New Hire Processing - Responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of new hire information for vessel personnel.
3. Develops and critiques written communications.
4. Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Team.
5. Provide switchboard relief as required.
III. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide strong support to the Vice President-HR
a. Maintain calendar and ensure that complete information is available for all activities.
b. Confirm and coordinate travel arrangements
c. Prepare and/or check expense reports.
d. Maintain control and documentation for current and ongoing projects. Follow-up as required to ensure completion.
2. Provide support to the Human Resources Department
a. Activities will include the input and processing of Payroll Action Forms (PAF) for all new, current and terminated vessel employees in the CBC HRIS system, and maintenance of all electronic and hard copy files.
b. Manage periodic reports and Human Resources Department correspondence and presentations.
c. Assist in arrangements for meetins and conferences; attend meetings when necessary.
d. Maintain and update pertinent information on company bulletin boards.
e. Maintain records, report, and reconcile employee vacation time used for Human Resources and Executive Groups.
g. Coordinate office functions with other departments and the satellite offices.
h. Coordinate & participate with Executive Assistant Team on various activities.
i. Assist as needed in processing payroll-related activities.
j. Perform other duties as assigned.
k. Act in accordance with the Business Philosophy and mission of Canal Barge Company.
1. Minimum three to five (2-3) years' experience, as administrative assistant.
2. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
3. Excellent computer skills, specifically Excel and Word.
4. Outstanding communication skills: verbal and written.
5. Ability to handle confidential information.
6. Post-secondary education is preferred, but not required.
At Canal Barge Company, we believe that "People make the difference"
Form long-term, mutually profitable partnewships with our customers by providing consistently high quality marine transportation, bulk liquid storage, and management services.
CANAL BARGE COMPANY, INC.
Canal Barge Company, Inc. is a privately-owned, independent marine transportation company headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Founded in 1933, Canal Barge Company provides marine transportation, logistics, and bulk liquid storage services throughtout the Inland Waterways of the United States and internationally.
CBC is one of the most diverse marine transportation companies in the company, having made cargo movements to virtually every part of the world that can be reached economically by barge. Our greatest strength is in long-haul towing along the inland waterways between the Gulf Coast and mid-America, but we trade along the entire breadth of the Inland Waterway System. Additionally, using our oceangoing deck barge fleet, we have made voyages through the Great Lakes, along the East and West Coasts, to Nigeria, Spain and throughtout the Caribbean.
Dedicated to long-term partnerships and tailor-made customer service, Canal Barge enjoys relationships with several Fortune 500 chemical and oil companies, as well as refineries, construction companies, fabricators, public utilities, engineering companies, and the United States Government. Canal Barge Company is in full compliance with the American Waterways Operators' Responsible Carrier Program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/M/F/D/V) Employer offering competitive wages and benefits and the opportunity for a career.