CANAL BARGE COMPANY, INC.
FIELD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
I BASIC FUNCTION
Maintain machinery and equipment onboard barges as assigned and ensure they are suitable for their intended service.
II MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform preventive and routine maintenance on barge machinery and equipment.
2. Troubleshoot equipment problems and provide on-site service and repair of equipment problems.
3. Recommend major repairs and replacement of equipment.
4. Execute activities set out in work list and monitor progress.
5. Provide onboard training to vessel personnel in basic preventive maintenance and minor repair of onboard equipment.
6. Assist as needed in shipyard barge repair projects.
7. Provide routine and non- routine maintenance onboard CBC boats as required.
8. Performs other duties as required.
1. Minimum high school education or equivalent.
2. U.S. Coast Guard Tankerman document preferred.
3. Minimum 3 years experience in repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting machinery and equipment in marine industry.
4. Must have basic computer skills.
5. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Must live in the Baton Rouge, LA area.
At Canal Barge Company, we believe that "People make the difference"
Form long-term, mutually profitable partnewships with our customers by providing consistently high quality marine transportation, bulk liquid storage, and management services.
CANAL BARGE COMPANY, INC.
Canal Barge Company, Inc. is a privately-owned, independent marine transportation company headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Founded in 1933, Canal Barge Company provides marine transportation, logistics, and bulk liquid storage services throughtout the Inland Waterways of the United States and internationally.
CBC is one of the most diverse marine transportation companies in the company, having made cargo movements to virtually every part of the world that can be reached economically by barge. Our greatest strength is in long-haul towing along the inland waterways between the Gulf Coast and mid-America, but we trade along the entire breadth of the Inland Waterway System. Additionally, using our oceangoing deck barge fleet, we have made voyages through the Great Lakes, along the East and West Coasts, to Nigeria, Spain and throughtout the Caribbean.
Dedicated to long-term partnerships and tailor-made customer service, Canal Barge enjoys relationships with several Fortune 500 chemical and oil companies, as well as refineries, construction companies, fabricators, public utilities, engineering companies, and the United States Government. Canal Barge Company is in full compliance with the American Waterways Operators' Responsible Carrier Program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/M/F/D/V) Employer offering competitive wages and benefits and the opportunity for a career.